Friday 14 October 2016

Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eye Palette: Review

Tanya Burr's Hollywood Eye Palette is available at Superdrug for £5.99 and at www.feelunique.com for £6. It contains four, brown-themed eyeshadows and tempts us to "step into silver screen glamour with these rich, classic shades".
Packaging: The box is made from sturdy gold and pink cardboard and features a heart-shaped mirror inside. The design, with the colour names printed beneath each shade and the addition of a pink fabric tab to open the lid, are lovely for the price. The back of the palette has a message from Tanya Burr and helpful tips for application.

Nude Delight: This is a matte, cream colour which Tanya suggests to "sweep across your eye from lash to brow". This shade gives a good, neutral base or a clean, fresh look on its own. I use a primer or cream eyeshadow base underneath to give this a more even finish.

Gold Coin:  This is a pretty, pale golden colour with a hint of shimmer. It has a tendency to be slightly patchy but is nice for a low-key, everyday eye look.

Enchantment: A beautiful, coppery eyeshadow with gold glitter flecks, this is perfect for Autumn makeup looks. The glitter is a bit messy in the packaging, but once the shadow has settled onto your skin it leaves a lovely, reflective effect. This colour lasts well and I don't have anything else like it in my collection.

Bookworm: My favourite eyeshadow in the palette, Bookworm is a warm, matte, chestnut brown which lasts well and could be used to create a wide range of eye looks.

Overall: I think the packaging and thought behind this palette are great value for £6. The colours are very Autumn/ Winter appropriate and easy to wear for day or night. I like the fact that there are only four shades here, so I know I can create a pretty look just using the palette in my hand, rather than having a huge choice which I might make mistakes with. I find the shadows to be pigmented enough for me although a bit crumbly and messy in the packaging. The two paler colours blend more easily than the darker shades, but all of them last well and for a basic, drugstore palette with a hint of Hollywood sparkle, I give this a thumbs up.

Thanks for reading as always,




5 comments:

  1. That's actually a pretty good palette especially for such a low price!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, nice, wearable colours. Thanks so much for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  2. I love enchantment in this Palette. It's such a beautiful colour. I have yet to try any Tanya Burr products but this looks very classy. I'm trying to be really good and use up what I have. You have a lovely way with words and I love your reviews x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You are always so kind and supportive xxx

      Delete
  3. I love enchantment in this Palette. It's such a beautiful colour. I have yet to try any Tanya Burr products but this looks very classy. I'm trying to be really good and use up what I have. You have a lovely way with words and I love your reviews x x x

    ReplyDelete