Friday, 1 September 2017

Review: Barry M Colour Change Lip Paint

Barry M Colour Change Lip Paints are available at Boots for £4.99. I have the shade Neptune: a blue lipstick which turns a bright purple shade on the lips. Also available are the shades Unicorn (yellow to pink) and Genie (green to pink).

These kind of adapt-to-your-lips, colour change lipsticks have been around for years and are great fun, especially when priced reasonably like this one.

First Impressions:
The packaging is neat and clever, with the two-toned lipstick case relating to the shade of the lipstick bullet and the colour it appears on the lips. I have tried green-to-pink lip products like this in the past, so was drawn to Neptune as something a bit different.
The lipstick bullet itself is absolutely stunning and makes for amazing photographs, with Barry M's logo printed into the rich, blue colour.
When I first applied this lipstick, I was surprised at how little colour I thought was transferring onto my lips. This is not like a traditional lipstick at all. The waxy product tints or stains the lips rather than applying a physical layer of product. After a few moments however, the impressive fuschia colour really began to develop and continued to deepen.

Glass of Water Test:
This lipstick lasts excellently through drinking, with no transfer to the glass. It still feels comfortable afterwards and looks perfect!

After Eating:
Whilst I was eating I didn't notice any lipstick colour transferring onto my yummy cheese and salad wrap, but the shade did look a bit faded on my lips afterwards. This doesn't claim to be transfer-proof, but is certainly more long-wearing than a traditional cream lipstick.

Overall:
This is great fun lip product which is more than a gimmick, giving long-lasting colour with an extremely lightweight feel. It is slightly drying after a few hours, but you can add plenty of balm products over the top without losing any of the pigment it gives.
My mum owns the Unicorn version which is a beautiful, yellow bullet.
Apparently the precise colour these change to depends on the alkaline balance of your own lips. I was pleased to see there was a noticeable difference between Unicorn and the more purple shade I have. If you look closely, you can see the pale pink swatched on my hand in the picture below.
Overall, I think the blue Neptune design is beautiful and the colour impressive. It is definitely a unique and interesting addition to my collection. Have you tried any colour change makeup?

Thanks, as always, for reading,
highstreet_beauty


Find Barry M Neptune Lip Paint here: http://www.boots.com/barry-m-neptune-lip-paint-10226930

21 comments:

  1. I had Genie once which I loved. I have no idea what happened to it🙈I didn't know there were different shades now but Neptune looks great on you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried these but they look so pretty, and I love how they turned out on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. I'm adding them to the 'to try' list as I speak xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I squealed with delight to see your comment! They are great fun and would last all day whilst you are teaching xxx

      Delete
  4. That is a fun concept.. I would love to trick the husband with that blue. I love the shade it turns which suits you so well xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great fun, aren't they? I think the blue design looks so pretty. Both on the lips and in the packaging xxx

      Delete
  5. this sounds so interesting and looks interesting also. I've never seen this before, but I kinda want to get one! lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading. These lipsticks are great fun! xxx

      Delete
  6. This is such a fun product, gotta say it. It would be strange to apply this lipstick in public haha, that would be great to see. xx

    https://simpleserenity.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun, I always see the genie one when I go to Boots and been meaning to take the plunge! So nice to read a good review. x

    https://beautyexpertamateur.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give them a try! They are great fun for a fiver x

      Delete
  8. I'm always so intruiged by these but never got one as I was unsure what the colour pay off would be like. The colour looks amazing on your lips though and love how long wearing it seems xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I was impressed with how long the colour lasts xx

      Delete
  9. Well, look at that. What a fun idea. The blue looks so scary, yet I love the colour it became on you. As always, a great review from you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kerry. These are great fun for a fiver xx

      Delete
  10. I've always fancied one of these - good to know that they're long wearing and the purple shade actually looks really pretty, not garish at all! Barry M have done it again. x

    https://thenellybean.com

    ReplyDelete