Friday, 4 August 2017

Review: Avon Planet Spa and NutraEffects Skincare


I bought these affordable Avon products myself in a recent sale as I love trying out new moisturisers on my dry skin.

Heavenly Hydration Face Mask: Usual price £5, sale price £3.85 for 75ml
This is a mask to leave on for 20 minutes and then clean off with water. It doesn't dry or change texture at all, so is simply a soothing layer of moisture sinking into the skin. It has a fresh and calming olive fragrance which I really enjoy. After 20 minutes there is not usually much product left on my face, but it leaves an ever so slight tacky feeling, so it's nice to refresh the skin by washing it off with water or a cotton wool pad soaked in toner. Because I don't need to peel this off or scrub at my face after using it, I put a layer of it on in the morning when I first get up, and find that my skin is then completely hydrated and refreshed by the time I am ready to apply some day moisturiser and makeup.
The mask has a lotion consistency with that tiny bit of stickiness which I like, as it feels as if it adheres to my face rather than sliding off! I think the packaging is very appealing and great for the sale price of £3.85. I find a squeezy tube easier to deal with than a pot of product, and the cap doesn't get messy at all which I appreciate. I also like to use this mask on my dry and cracked hands which are often irritated by fragranced hand creams, but this works a treat to soothe and hydrate them.

Heavenly Hydration Uplifting Neck and Chest Serum: Usual price £5, sale price £3.85 for 50ml
This is a smooth and hydrating serum to use on your neck and chest areas which sinks into the skin and leaves it feeling supple. It has the same Mediterranean olive oil fragrance as the face mask and is very pleasant to use.
The serum is thin and not sticky at all. I sometimes forget to moisturise my neck and chest so having a specific product to remind me is great. I have had some very dry and irritated patches of skin around my shoulders recently, and this product has really helped to soothe and heal them.

Avon True NutraEffects Active Moisture Hydration Day Cream SPF 15: Usual price £4.50, sale price £3 for 50ml
I really like this thin-textured day cream which sinks into my skin very easily and keeps it feeling supple and hydrated. It is "designed to protect against the drying effects of wind, cold and dry air while locking in moisture all day" and for me it delivers exactly that.
I think the packaging is sleek and looks like a much more expensive product. I prefer it to the plastic Garnier Moisture Bomb day cream packaging for example, and I always keep and re-use pretty pots like this. They are perfect for keeping earrings and hair grips in!
This cream has a fresh scent and claims to be hypoallergenic, allergy tested and free of parabens and dyes. It certainly doesn't irritate any of my dry skin areas and I think it is a fantastic skincare bargain.

Avon True NutraEffects Active Moisture Overnight Gel-Cream: Usual price £4.50, sale price £3 for 50ml
The matching night cream is a lightweight gel which is also suitable for sensitive skin. The scent and texture of this is extremely similar to the Garnier Night Gel Cream but once again I prefer the packaging and price of the Avon product.
This feels very hydrating without any stickiness and has a noticeable effect on my skin.

Overall
In my experience, Avon always have excellent-value deals on their products, and these items are all as good as any other highstreet brand I have tried. To be completely honest, I find Avon's cosmetics can be hit and miss, but I am impressed with their skincare ranges. Have you tried any?
Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Avon's UK website: https://www.avon.uk.com/


30 comments:

  1. I like the look of the day cream. Although I am a cosmeceutical gal for my moisturiser, I do like to have a cream in my handbag to up my moisture through the day. I can get dry skin! Fab review as ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a hydrating mask, and this Avin one sounds perfect xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was surprised at how nice it is x

      Delete
  3. these all sound amazing, especially the face mask!x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all products from Planet Spa Heavenly hydration line and I love them. Such a good quality products for really affordable prices. xx

    https://simpleserenity.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like good products at a very good price! I also like the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Avon mostly because their products are always so affordable. Great post, thanks for sharing! :)
    Lauraconteur ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such good value. Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  7. Your photos are stunning, as always. The mask sounds so lovely and such a bargain too. It must be so refreshing and uplifting to use first thing in the morning xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely. You can't beat a good beauty bargain! xxx

      Delete
  8. These sound amazing, I'd love to test out some avon products sometime. That face mask looks so luxourious x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have dry skin, so these products sound like something I would enjoy. I think I would try the day or night cream, because when it comes to masks, I'm more of a sheet mask girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only tried a couple of sheet masks. I loved the Garnier Moisture Bomb one! x

      Delete
  10. I think Avon is such an underrated brand. I have dry skin too so these products appeal to me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There are some fabulous items on their website x

      Delete
  11. The packaging looks so pretty! The mask sounds really good, will have to check it out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging looks much more expensive than it is!Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  12. I love your reviews! I don't have dry skin but my mom does, since her birthday is coming up I might get her the serum and the and perhaps the night cream. They sound like something she'd enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Avon do some great products x

      Delete
  13. Great reviews! I have tried some of their skincare (I actually sell it lol) and you are totally right about a lot of them being hit or miss. Some things I love and some I probably wouldn't repurchase. I haven't used this particular Planet Spa product but it looks nice and I'd consider it after reading this! I have the chocolate version mask and body wash and it's amazing if you love chocolate! The mask is nice for when your skin needs more moisture. Xx Jen beautylifemom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate mask sounds amazing! I will definitely look out for it x

      Delete
  14. I loved Avon when I just started to get into beauty. My friend use to sell it and I treated myself to a wee order every month or so. Avon pulled out of Ireland a couple of years back. I remember they did some wonderful lippies. That serum looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some lovely things and I think they are great value although the makeup is hit and miss. I only have one Avon lippy and it is lovely xxx

      Delete