Friday, 18 August 2017

Love Me Beauty Subscription August 2017: Kat Von D & Buxom Cosmetics


Love Me Beauty is a UK monthly beauty bag subscription service which offers you a choice of products to receive from a selection of beauty, skincare and haircare items for £10 per month. You can choose to pay every 1 month, 3 months or 6 months on their website, and use the code highstreetbeauty20 to receive 20% off your first bag.

When you register at https://www.lovemebeauty.com you complete a profile to help find products best suited to your own skin and hair type or general preferences. The monthly choices include brushes, accessories, skincare, haircare and makeup items. 
Each month you can browse the edit online and choose items to receive, or leave it to Love Me Beauty to send you a surprise selection.
If you sign up to this service, please be aware that your subscription will be automatically renewed unless you cancel it. The 1 month payment option is not for a single month, but is a regular payment deducted EVERY month. You can cancel your account at any time via "My Account" on their website or email at hello@lovemebeauty.com. If you want to try the bag as a one-off treat or as a gift, use the GIFT MEMBERSHIP facility which is not rolling, just a single payment.

This month, Love Me Beauty kindly sent me a selection of items from their current edit. I love to receive skincare or haircare items, but my real passion is for cosmetics, so I was extremely excited to see Kat Von D and Buxom makeup samples available. I would never choose to buy myself items from these more expensive brands, so to be able try a few out in a £10 bag is fantastic.
This Buxom mascara is beautifully packaged and really does separate and define lashes as it claims to.
Out of all the many, many mascaras I have tried in my time, this one gives the most fluttery lash effect.
Also from the Buxom brand, I received a lip gloss in the shade Dolly which promises to give "shimmering pout-plumping shine" and a "refreshing tingling sensation".
This little sample is so sweet and I have never finished a whole lip gloss in my life, so I don't mind the small size at all! You can see the pretty shine it gives in the picture below. The tingling sensation is not too strong and very pleasant.
Anyone who's anyone knows that Kat Von D cosmetics have recently become available in the UK at Debenhams and are absolutely on my radar as a high quality, high end brand. I was so delighted to be able to try out three of her items in this bag. Firstly, this is the Lock-it translucent setting powder.
I own loose setting powders from Primark, Bourjois and No 7, and can't wait to try out this new addition in comparison.
A full size 19g pot of this luxurious powder costs £19 on Debenhams' website. I still can't believe that I own a tiny pot of it!
The second Kat Von D product is Sinner Eau de Parfum, a dark and spicy scent with notes of patchouli and cinnamon.
The packaging of these items is so pretty and the little samples feel like beautiful treasures.
Finally, I have saved the best for last: I never thought I would own a Kat Von D Studded Kiss lipstick! A full sized product costs £17 which is double what I usually spend on my trusty drugstore lip products.

Although mini, it is packaged beautifully and will be taking pride of place in my collection. Usually when offering samples, I find that brands or beauty services send out unpopular and unflattering shades, but not this time!
This colour is Cathedral and absolutely perfect for me.
I am wearing the Buxom mascara and Kat Von D lipstick in the picture below, and feeling rather glamorous!
It is difficult for beauty boxes to offer cosmetics rather than skincare or beauty tools, because we all have different skin types, tones and shade preferences. But for me personally, this particular Love Me Beauty bag is the best selection I have ever received from anywhere.
I love the premise of spending around £10 to try out small amounts of products which are not only totally new to me, but real treats which would usually be out of my price range.

Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Discount affiliate code highstreetbeauty20 for 20% off your first month at https://www.lovemebeauty.com

24 comments:

  1. What a bargain. The Kat Von D lipstick is gorgeous and the Buxom lip gloss. I love mini makeup, very cute and like you said we rarely finish full size products. This is a super little bag of goodies for that amazing price x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathedral looks stunning on you hun! I loved this month's bag xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love it too. Can't wait to try the powder xxx

      Delete
  3. I have both the sinner and saint they are really nice scents :0

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipstick is a gorgeous colour and such pretty packaging too! Overall that sounds like a great box this month xo
    www.mamavoom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. for £10 a month, this sounds amazing. mini makeup is so cute! the lipstick looks beautiful x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Kat Von D lippy, looks gorgeous on you. I havent looked at this subscription box, but have tried others and I agree, I think they are a great way of introducing new brands to us xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The price of £10 is so worth it! Wish I live in the UK now so that I get to try it. Haha. The Kat Von D studded kiss lipstick looks really pretty on you!

    yanrula x
    Let's connect: Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wand of that mascara, it's something I would always use. Also, I really like the color of KVD lipstick, it's gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to try the mascara and lipstick!

      Delete
  9. This sounds like such a great subscription box, such a good price for what you get xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have some great items available x

      Delete
  10. Cathedral looks so good on you, it's a lovely shade! It's really cool that they gave you a decent sample of the powder and lip gloss too xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  11. After reading your posts I signed up to this subscription and have received two bags (whilst I was on holiday). I wished I'd chosen the Buxom lipgloss now as it looks fantastic on you so fingers crossed they'll have it when my credits renew at the beginning of next month. Thanks for bringing this service to my attention - I'm loving it and will be posting about my goodies soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your post, Sweetheart. So glad you love your products too xxx

      Delete