Friday, 7 July 2017

Drugstore Makeup Review: Collection Cosmetics

I bought this selection of Collection products myself and have tried them out for over three months. Collection is a cruelty-free brand available in supermarkets and drugstores with most items priced at under £5. 

Collection Lasting Finish Foundation £5.99
This foundation is available in 5 shades and claims to last for up to 16 hours giving flawless coverage. I was initially disappointed with this. I felt that the shade was orange-toned and that it didn't blend well. However, having persevered with using it I am beginning to see the positive aspects of the Lasting Perfection Foundation. I had extremely high expectations of this due to the hype around Collection's matching concealer and I do not usually wear matte base products, so I think I judged it a little too harshly. The product stays in place extremely well and doesn't look dull if I apply it in a thin layer. It contains SPF 20 which is great, and it is oil free. If you like a matte look or have oily skin then this is worth a try for under £6.

Collection Illuminating Touch Concealer £4.99
This pen concealer is available in three shades and designed to illuminate the under-eye area. You twist the bottom part of the pen to dispense concealer into the brush tip.
The brush is thin and I find it much easier to get an even application by brushing the concealer onto my hand rather than straight onto the face. I then apply it using a damp sponge or a flat brush.
The formula is fairly thin and it blends out well, staying in place under my eyes. It doesn't give as much brightness as other drugstore concealers I have tried, but it doesn't look obvious on the skin either. This would be a good, light concealer for young skin and those who don't have much darkness under the eyes.

Collection Lasting Perfection Powder £4.19
One of my favourite products from this brand, the Ultimate Wear Powder comes in 3 shades and is great value for money. The compact is quite chunky but contains a good sized mirror and even a sponge.
I find the powder to be extremely soft and mattifying with fantastic staying power. It works very well to set makeup into place and doesn't cause any problems with highlighting drier areas of my face. I particularly like to use this to powder under my eyes during the day as it feels so soft and revives any brightening products I have used.


Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic Bronzer £2.99
This Bronze Glow bronzer gives a very pretty, multi-dimensional effect on the cheeks. It is a light and portable compact, although the lid lifts off completely which might put you off carrying it in your make up bag.
The highlighting and bronzing shades within the mosaic swirl together to give a beautiful, illuminated glow to the skin.
At only £2.99 this is one of my favourite drugstore bronzers.

Collection Soft Glow Blusher £2.99
The packaging of these blushes, with the flip-up lid is simple but effective. The powder is soft and very blendable.
This shade is called Bashful and there are three other colours available. They really do give a pretty, soft glow as their name suggests.

Collection Fast Stroke Defining Lash Waterproof Mascara £2.99
Unfortunately I do not get on well with this mascara at all. The packaging is appealing, but the product has smudged badly every time I have worn it.
To make matters worse, the waterproof formula makes the smudges extremely difficult to remove!
Sadly, this is headed for my "disappointing products" list after giving it several chances! Collection do however offer a wide range of other mascaras, from tinted versions to lengthening and volumising products. I often use their clear mascara as an eyebrow gel.

Collection Lock N Hold Lip Gloss £2.99
I chose a pretty, nude lip gloss shade which looks flattering but only feels comfortable for a short while.
The applicator is fine, but I found that my lips felt dry after wearing this for a day. It needed to be re-applied constantly which made the "Lock N Hold" name seem very inappropriate.
I much prefer Boots's Natural Collection lip glosses which cost only £1.99 and suit my lips a lot better.


Overall

Collection is a brand I have been using for many years and they offer an impressive range of products at very reasonable prices. My personal favourites are the Collection Lasting Perfection Powder, Soft Glow blush and Mosaic bronzer, all of which I am wearing in the picture below.  


My lipstick here is Primark PS...Pro Rich Colour Lipstick in the shade Boudoir Pink.


Do you have any favourite Collection products?
Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Find the full Collection range here:
http://www.superdrug.com/brandshop/collection

17 comments:

  1. I would love to get my hands on some Collection products, but they're not available here in Australia :( Great post xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. Thanks for reading xxx

      Delete
  2. You've picked some lovely products here and that lippie really suits you :) I love the sound of the powder and will have a look out for it next time I visit Superdrug xxx

    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal. I know you love your powders! xxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the concealer sounds really good. I haven't tried Collection makeup in a long time, but after reading this post, I for sure want to try some! lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like some really nice face powders. Like the Blush and Bronzer and powder. Some of my faves like Blush. Lol. U look so pretty on here too. Thanks so much for the info. I have a friend over there we send each other products ever so so often so always looking for affordable makeup to give her ideas to send me. Thanks so much again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am so glad that my posts are useful :-)

      Delete
  6. I love their Lasting Perfection concealer and also use their clear mascara for days when I don't wear any and for my brows too. I haven't tried any of the above products but love the look of the bronzer and the blushes and they look fab on you. I was really disappointed with the lip creams they brought out late last year which has put me off trying anything else from them so thanks for this post, it's made me want to give something a try xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bronzer and blushes are definitely worth a try. Thanks for your lovely comments xxx

      Delete
  7. I have only bough their makeup and didn't get on with it at all. It Sat in all my fine lines and caked on my face. The other items looks lovely though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do some good products, I like the cheek colours xxx

      Delete
  8. Loved the blusher. I have brow powder from this brand which I loved a lot.πŸ’–πŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
  9. I have only ever tried their liquid eyeliner before- it used it for years! I haven't tried any of their face products before because all the shaded are too dark for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh I like the sound of that powder! I often wondered about the foundation and whether it was as good as the concealer , but there was never a shade available

    ReplyDelete