Friday, 28 July 2017

Drugstore Empties July 2017

I used up a lot of lovely drugstore beauty products this month, all of which I bought myself with nothing here costing more than £12.

Boots Therapy Relaxing Bath Essence 75p for 500ml
This bubble bath was actually a birthday present from my Mum last month! It was highly scented and very soothing to relax with. Even now the empty bottle has a strong, lavender frangrance which I really enjoy. These bath products are excellent value for money.

Boots Botanics All Bright Instant Moisture Mist 4.29 for 150ml
I actually bought this moisture mist for £1 when I spotted it in my local Boots's bargain section. I initially assumed it was a facial spray, but it is actually a body mousse. It squirts out like fragrant, cooling shaving foam and absorbs into the skin without the need to even rub it in. It has the signature All Bright hibiscus fragrance and is very refreshing. My whole family have enjoyed using this during hot weather and for only £1 it was a fantastic bargain.

Carmex Lime Twist Lip Balm £3.25 for 4.25g
I'm sad to see this lip balm go and have scraped every last lime-scented drop out of the tube! It is a thick balm which feels comforting and protective on chapped lips and also contains SPF 15.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Nose Pore strips £4.99 for 6 strips
I thought I would give these nose pore strips a try as they are almost half the price of the Biore strips that I usually buy.
They did pretty much the same job, and had a pleasant witch hazel scent, but I have to say that I prefer the Biore brand over these. The Boots version are thinner and trickier to remove cleanly. Overall though, a decent budget buy.

L'Oréal Paris Revitalift Day Cream £11.99 for 50ml
I really enjoyed using this soothing moisturising cream. I actually bought it in a set from TK Maxx which cost £9.99 for this and a large bottle of L'Oréal Skin Perfection Micellar Water, so I feel it was excellent value for money.
I wouldn't repurchase this Day Cream at full price, as I used it up quickly and can get the same comforting skin feeling from different moisturisers such as Nivea Soft Cream. I was also surprised that as an anti-ageing day cream it does not contain SPF. However, I will be keeping my eye out for any promotions or offers on the L'Oréal Revitaift range and am interested in trying out more of their products.


Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Protect Hydrating Mist £9.99 for 80g
I was excited to try this out as I am a big fan of the Moisture Bomb range and had the idea that I would be able to spray this mist over makeup to refresh my skin and protect my face in the sun. It is a pleasant and cooling mist with a fresh, fruity fragrance which does offer protection against pollution. However, it states on the can that "this product is not a sunscreen", so I still needed to apply traditional sun protection before using it which defeated its selling point. Also, it did not absorb quickly into my skin but left visible spray which I really wanted to rub in. Overall, this is a refreshing mist to use if you are not wearing makeup and can massage it over your face. It makes more sense to me to spend my money on a good sunscreen and purchase a much cheaper cooling facial mist or even fill an empty spray bottle with water and keep it in the fridge to offer the same refreshing sensation.


Boots Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Berry Jelly Moisturiser £4.79 for 50ml
This is a great little moisturiser which I don't hear people speaking about. It feels clean and refreshing, hydrating the skin instantly without any greasiness.
You press down the top and the jelly moisturiser comes out from the centre. It is fantastic to use in hot weather as it cools and mattifies the skin without drying it out. In fact, it works better than any makeup primer I have tried. This little pot lasted me almost a year (I didn't use it much during the colder months) and I highly recommend the entire "jelly" range from Boots for Summer skin care.

Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty


Find Boots Therapy Relaxing Bath Essence here: http://www.boots.com/boots-therapy-relaxing-bath-essence-500ml-10096119
Find Boots Botanics All Bright Instant Moisture Mist here: http://www.boots.com/botanics-instant-moisture-mist-150ml-10169914

10 comments:

  1. Carmex lip balm is my absolute favourite! all of these sound amazing and I don't think I've tried any of the others! x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Botanics Moisture Mist too and yes, its perfect for the summer xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Tea Tree and & Witch Hazel and am absolutely loving it. I agree with you about the colder months and I'm not sure how much I would use it then but it is so refreshing and cooling for hotter days and I don't need to use a primer with this. A great little bargain and I will definitely try out more of that range. Love your selection as always:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? Thanks so much for reading and always being so kind xxx

      Delete
  4. That Botanics mousse is going on my list. I love the idea of it. Carmex I'm a huge fan of too, the cherry one is my fave. I love when I have empties x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am addicted to lip balms! I bought some gorgeous Malibu ones this week from Savers xxx

      Delete