Friday, 21 July 2017

5 Top Picks: Drugstore Peach Blush

Peachy blush shades are my favourites for the Summer. All of these are drugstore powder blushes, ranging in price from £1.99 to £10.

Swatched from top to bottom: Essence Blushplay Palette shade Define,
H&M blush in Tawny Peach,
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso,
Natural Collection blush in Peach Melba,
Tanya Burr blush in Apricot Flush from the Peachy Glow Cheek Palette.

Essence Blushplay Sculpting Blush Palette in Play it Peach: £4
This palette is fantastic value for only £4 as you can achieve different looks with the three peachy shades used alone or layered together.
The soft, satin highlight shade is perfect for adding subtle illumination. It isn't too powdery and sits beautifully on the skin. You can use it on the high points of your face to catch the light or even as a pretty eyeshadow.
The mid-toned blush in this palette also has a very subtle sheen to it and is one of the brightest blushes I have chosen. It lasts very well throughout the day and feels silky smooth.
The darkest shade is a deep, pigmented peach which again could be used on the eyes or I would use it as a cheek-brightening blush on my pale skin in the colder months.
Top swatch: Highlight     Middle: Sculpt    Bottom: Define

This is a really good quality and versatile blush collection from Essence in simple, clean packaging which is one of my Summer favourites.

H&M Blush in Tawny Peach: £6.99
H&M powder blushes have a very soft, sheer texture which I like as you really can't go wrong and add too much colour with them. This shade, Tawny Peach is the darkest blush I have chosen so gives my pale cheeks a peachy bronzed effect.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso £10
A famous Milani classic, this baked powder brightens the face whilst adding a perfect peach flush. The pretty, gold compact is sturdy and also contains a mirror and brush.

Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Peach Melba: £1.99
The cheapest product here, this Natural Collection blush is one of my absolute favourites for a quick and natural makeup look.
The packaging of these blushes is plain and simple which is perfect for the £1.99 price and it is a great value, no-fuss blush.

Tanya Burr Peachy Glow Cheek Palette £8
The shimmery blush featured in this contour palette is called Apricot Flush. It is embossed with hearts which looks beautiful in the packaging and is highly pigmented.
I use this set a lot and the large mirror inside is a bonus.
These are the same swatches of all the blushes shown in sunlight. You can really see how the light catches some of the shimmers which helps to make them a pretty Summertime choice.
From top to bottom: Essence Blushplay Palette shade Define,
H&M blush in Tawny Peach,
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso,
Natural Collection blush in Peach Melba,
Tanya Burr blush in Apricot Flush from the Peachy Glow Cheek Palette.

In the picture below I am wearing Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso on my cheeks with Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick in the shade 09 Happy Nude Year for a pretty, peachy look.
Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty







14 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try a Natural Collection blush for ages now - I just want to get through a few more in my collection first. The H&M one looks stunning and is the one that stands out the most to me from all of these. I love Luminoso for a lovely peach glow though sometimes the shimmer can show up more than the peachiness on my skin tone. You need to try Essence Silky Touch Blush - Autumn Peach; its one of my favourite blushes ever xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I definitely will. I haven't seen that one. I also have a lovely M&S Autograph blush in the shade Peach Melba xxx

      Delete
  2. I still haven't try anything from H&M makeup range! I really need to as the reviews are amazing.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like their makeup. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I really love the look of the Tanya Burr one, the colours are so pretty. I have to be careful with peach blushers on me as they can look orange, (nice!) but I think I could get away with that one! Great find xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some can get orangey! Thanks so much for reading xx

      Delete
  4. The H and M blush and the Tanya Burr Palette both look so pretty. I have a cream blush from H and M; they have great formulas! xx Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the cream blushes but the look so pretty with that white packaging. Thank you so much for reading xxx

      Delete
  5. the Milani blush looks really pretty. I don't wear blush and I only own two from a Too Faced set. its definitely something I want to get into wearing, but I know I'll just end up overdoing it and looking like a clown haha! lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you have to be careful with blush! Start gently and add more! xxx

      Delete
  6. I have worn apricot toned blusherz for the last year, my pink toned ones have been so neglected. They suit me better I think. Sometimes I have a heavy hand and look like Aunt Sally with my pink toned ones. I've been using my flormar terracotta blush so much. I've missed your reviews x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flormar one sounds lovely. I find pinks suit me better in winter when I have rosy cheeks! xxx

      Delete
  7. I love drugstore blushes! I've always been intrigued by the H&M ones but never got round to trying them...

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend the H&M ones, they are very sheer and pretty x

      Delete