Friday, 2 June 2017

Review: Garnier Skinactive Honey Flower Range

I bought these Garnier SkinActive products myself and have been using them for over a month. This range contains 96% ingredients of natural origin with no parabens, silicones or artificial colourants. The products are all enriched with honey flower and designed for use on dry to very dry skin.


Nourishing Botanical Cleansing Milk £3.49
This cleanser dissolves makeup very gently and easily which means you do not need to rub at the skin. The whole range has a honey flower fragrance - not sickly sweet but subtle and floral. I only need to use a small amount of this on a soft cotton wool pad to cleanse my face at the end of the day, and my skin feels soothed and moisturised afterwards.

This is a nourishing cleansing milk and feels so different to using a harsher cleanser or even micellar water on the skin. It doesn't irritate any dry patches on my face and does its job effectively.

Nourishing Botanical Gel Wash £3.49
After using the cleansing milk, I have been washing my face nightly using this botanical gel wash. The lather it creates is a very gentle foam which feels soothing and gives my face a deep clean as I massage it into the skin. After use my skin feels extremely soft and not at all tight or dehydrated. This is my favourite product from the range as it feels so refreshing and moisturising at the same time.

Nourishing Botanical Toner £3.49
I have been using this toner in the morning to wake up my skin and prepare it for the day. I love the honey flower scent which helps to lift my mood! It is gently nourishing, not at all astringent, and gives my face a really fresh feeling. I have used this product up faster than the others because quite a lot of liquid tips out of the bottle at once. I like the fact that is a calming, soothing toner and it will be perfect for refreshing my skin after hot, Summer days.

Moisturiser £5.99
And finally, the Botanical Day Cream which is a thin moisturiser with a strong honey flower fragrance. This claims to reduce the feeling of skin tightness caused by dryness with continued use, and I do find it to be very hydrating.
It contains shea butter amongst its list of natural ingredients, which leaves the skin feeling supple and moisturised. I have been using this as a night cream and hand cream as well as a day cream as it sinks into the skin easily and feels so comfortable. 
On the negative side, this moisturiser does not contain any SPF, so if using it in the day you need to add that in separately. Also, you only get 50ml of this product (the size of a normal tube of hand cream) for £5.99. The cleanser, gel and toner are all 200ml of product for £3.49 and this day cream is sold in a box which makes it appear larger in size. Having said that, I am enjoying using it and appreciate the quality of the product.

Overall
I think the design of this range is clever and appealing, with the gentle honey colour of the products along with the scent and the creamy yellow floral packaging. I have found it to be soothing and nourishing for dry skin as it claims. I particularly recommend the gel face wash as it leaves my face feeling squeaky clean without the tightness and dryness caused by other products. Are you tempted to try any of these Garnier products?

Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty

18 comments:

  1. They have a rose version of this range that I would love to try but now I've seen this and it sounds great, especially the face wash:-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eye on the Rose range too! I love rose scented products x

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of this range! Garnier do some great skincare and this one looks just as good xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some fantastic products out at the moment x

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of the honey gel wash. I bet these products smell gorgeous! X

    Toni | sheergloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, it's not a sugary honey scent but a delicate floral one. Gorgeous! x

      Delete
  4. These all sound amazing, I've been loving garnier products so much lately!!xxx
    Liv
    livslack.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I have been loving their MoistureBomb range x

      Delete
  5. Hmm, I don't think I've seen this range where I work, will have to check again today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garnier have some great ranges out at the moment x

      Delete
  6. I love a gel cleanser. Im all for an easy life so gel cleansers are great because I can use them in the shower. This looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's very mild but effective. And the scent is lovely x

      Delete
  7. I love Garnier's skincare range, something about their products just really speaks to me and I've always had luck with their stuff! I've tried the Rose Water range and it was amazing. Would love to get my hands on these goodies, also! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try the Rose Water range too! x

      Delete
  8. Ok that's the prettiest packaging I've seen from Garnier. Its so bright and happy. I love the sound of the gel wash. And that moisturiser looks edible...haha! They really should've formulated it with SPF though, I agree xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, the whole range smells edible! xxx

      Delete
  9. My skin doesn't like garner I'm afraid. Well my face doesn't should I say. I have ultra sensitive skin but their body products are gorgeous. You are so lucky to have such great skin x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame as these are really lovely xxx

      Delete