Friday, 23 June 2017

Review: ASOS Exclusive Nyx Cheek and Lip Duo Set

I recently treated myself to this exclusive-to-Asos Nyx set which cost £10. It is a Cheek Contour Duo Palette in the shade Cheek On Cheek and a Butter Gloss in the shade Sunday Mimosa. Both the shades look perfect for my fair skin and the contour powders are described as sheer and natural-looking which is my preference.

The Cheek Contour Duo Palette is available separately from Nyx in 6 different shades which cost £8 each. The famous Butter Gloss is available in 12 shades and costs £5.50, so this set gave me a saving of £3.50. Nyx is a cruelty free brand and available at Boots in the UK.

Nyx Cheek Contour Duo Palette
I think this black packaging is very appealing and unusual, with 3 dimensional raised pyramid shapes framing the powders. It is a neat sized little compact yet the pans are large enough to dip a cheek brush into.
As in the product description, the colours are sheer, which suits me. I am a fan of sheer, buildable powders such as H&M's blushes and W7's Hollywood Bronze Palette. The highlight is a satiny smooth powder which isn't rainbow reflective, but subtly glowing. It is easy to apply without worrying about looking too shiny and defines the face's high points with a natural-looking highlight. I love the smooth texture which blends seamlessly onto my skin.
The contour powder is a smooth, matte brown which gives a soft, bronzed effect. Both these products are silky, subtle and effective, giving life to my skin whilst still looking natural.
I think this is a really useful palette and am interested in some of the other shades available which would be more like a blush and bronzer duo on my skin tone.

Nyx Butter Gloss Sunday Mimosa
This Butter Gloss smells so yummy, like vanilla cake batter. The shade Sunday Mimosa is a very pretty, pale peach and perfect for Summer.
It is easy to apply but I prefer a very thin layer of it on my lips. Rather than a thick coat of gloss, I dab a small amount into the centre of my lips and sheer it out. Otherwise I find this colour too light for me.
It is a really pigmented and comfortable gloss which is not sticky to wear. It lasts as well as any other gloss product and is easy to re-apply.
Overall I am delighted with this value set. I hadn't seen the Cheek Contour Palette before and am very impressed with the texture of its powders. The Butter Gloss I knew would be soft and easy to wear, but I am also happy with the shade. I could layer it over other products to make it a touch darker, but I think the pale nude is pretty for sunny, Summer days. Have you tried either of these Nyx products?

Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Find this set at Asos here: http://www.asos.com.nyx-duo-set
Find Nyx Cheek Contour Duo Palette in different shades here: http://www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk
Find Nyx Butter Gloss in different shades here: http://www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk

26 comments:

  1. I've never tried those particular powders but I've always been intrigued by them! Thanks for the post x

    Fatima x www.fatimawrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! They are very silky and subtle powders x

      Delete
  2. I really need to finally getting around to trying a NYX Butter Gloss. That pink shade looks gorgeous on you xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They are a very nice formula xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Butter Gloss, and that shade looks like such a pretty summery colour. Good choice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried either of the products but I'm really interested in the Butter Gloss. I was a little put off Nyx lip products after using the soft matte lip cream but these look like they would be better. Thanks for sharing:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Butter Glosses are totally different - not drying at all. They have a range of lovely shades xxx

      Delete
  5. I've never seen the cheek contour palette before, but it looks and sounds really good. the butter gloss shade looks very pretty, I have the shade Madeleine and absolutely love it! lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the shade Madeleine, I will look out for it. Thanks for reading and commenting x

      Delete
  6. I love the NYX Soft Matte Cremes and now the butter glosses are next on my list! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love them! Super creamy and glossy x

      Delete
  7. Asos always has great beauty exclusives :)) This combo is really great & I love how subtile this highlighter shade looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. I don't like too much sparkle! x

      Delete
  8. I adore NYX Butter gloss, the formula is amazing and hands down the best from the drugstore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the NYX Butter glosses , the formula is really amazing.

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your photos :) xo

    Pinar | www.beautybakingbella.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try the Butter Gloss, great picks x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This duo suits you so much! You look amazing! I just love your fine makeup ❀

    ❀ Blippo Giveaway ❀

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have one butter gloss but the four I picked does nothing for me. That sculpt powder looks Devine though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sculpt powder is really good, I recommend it xxx

      Delete