Friday, 30 June 2017

Drugstore Empties June 2017

The products I used up this month cost between 70 pence and £10 each and include some great bargains.

Wilko Cotton Pads: 70p for 100 pads
These are really soft, useful cotton pads with one soft side and one textured side. Great value for money and very gentle to use.

De Bruyere After Sun Lotion 11 Euros for 50ml
This item came in a Glossybox subscription box and is a thin-textured, soothing lotion. The brand is French and I can't find a link to purchasing it anywhere other than De Bruyere's own website where it costs 11 Euros (approximately £10) for 50ml. I really enjoyed using this with its summery, coconut fragrance and easily-absorbed formula. The packaging is unique and attractive and I would recommend this product if it is easily available to you.

Boots Zingy Shower Gel 75p for 250ml
These affordable shower gels are strongly scented and create a soft lather. I used up Berries and Cream and Cool Coconut fragrances which were both lovely to use in the shower or bath. At under £1 each, these are great drugstore treats and are also available in a range of citrus scents. I'm all for saving money on daily use shower gel!

TonyMoly Sheet Masks £2.99 each from TK Maxx
I had heard so much about these sheet masks and was really excited to give them a try. They were both comfortable and easy to use. I didn't notice any huge difference in my skin afterwards, but they are pleasant to hydrate and soothe for 20 minutes.
I wouldn't repurchase these as I prefer Garnier's Moisture Bomb mask which is cheaper and more readily available. I'm glad I had the chance to try them out and discover that I wasn't missing out on anything miraculous for my skin type.

Boots Botanics All Bright Purifying Facial Scrub £2.50 for 75ml & Boots Botanics Fast Absorbing Hand Cream £2.89 for 75ml
And finally, two items from Boots's Botanics All Bright range which I enjoyed using. The hand cream was very softening and not at all greasy, with the signature All Bright floral fragrance. I used it at night and it left my hands feeling extremely soft and smooth each morning. The Purifying Face Scrub worked really well to clear my pores and brighten my skin. It contains natural apricot seed and walnut shell exfoliants which helped my face to feel thoroughly clean and polished. I used this scrub on alternate days over a few months and it is one of the most effective skincare products I have tried. Do you have any other face scrub recommendations for me now that this is empty?
Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Read my full review of Boots Botanics All Bright Range here: http://highstreetbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk
Find Wilko Round Dual-Faced Cotton Pads here: http://www.wilko.com/cotton-wool
Find De Bruyere After Sun Lotion here: http://debruyerebeaute.com
Find Boots Zingy Shower Gel here: http://www.boots.com/search/zingy+shower+gel
Find Boots Botanics All Bright range here: http://www.boots.com/search/botanics+all+bright
Find Boots Zingy Shower Gel here: http://www.boots.com/search/zingy+shower+gel
Find Boots Botanics All Bright range here: http://www.boots.com/search/botanics+all+bright

12 comments:

  1. I love the Tony Moly Sheet Masks, thank you for sharing! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a great priced hand cream for popping in your handbag! Good find x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! I actually got mine for £1 on offer at Boots so always worth checking the bargain shelves!x

      Delete
  3. What a great selection of empties and great prices too! Thanks for sharing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always reading and supporting! xxx

      Delete
  4. I might give those cotton pads a go next time. My favourites are the Primark ones and Superdrug ones. I tried the Lidl ones which are amazing quality but ironically I find them too thick and sturdy for the purpose of removing makeup and applying toner. I ended up using too much product to get them soaked enough ;) xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Lidl ones at the moment! I know what you mean. Fantastic value, though xxx

      Delete
  5. I love the Primark cotton pads but I usually use facecloths to remove cleanser. Sheet Masks have rocketed in popularity. I have a Charcoal bubbling one here to try. Just need the time to use it. Great empties x

    ReplyDelete