Friday, 5 May 2017

Review: Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit

I bought this Barry M lip kit myself for £6.99 from Boots. I chose the darkest of the 3 available shades which is called Runway and have been wearing it for two months.
First Impressions:
It is a lovely touch that these items are individually sealed, and impressive for the price considering the fact that many single lip products cost more than £6.99. The pencil is not as soft as creamy products such as Rimmel Exaggerate lip liners, but it does apply smoothly to the lips and will be easy to keep sharp.
I like the design details on both products such as the colour shown at the tip of the pencil, the embossed silver Barry M logo and the font used on the lip paint and box. It all works together to give an impression of good quality.
The lip paint has a sweet but not overpowering scent and a fairly small applicator which I find helps to give a very precise application.
It has a thin consistency and feels wet when first applied, but I really appreciate the thin formula which dries quicker than most liquid lip products I have tried. It feels soft once dried and very comfortable.
The lip paint is not sticky or chalky and looks flattering on the lips.

Glass of Water Test:
This lip kit is more transfer-proof than any other lip product I have ever tested. Look at this glass! Not even a hint of lip colour was left behind. Just to compare, the Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème (£9.95) which I was also impressed with, left this mark on my mug:

So Barry M wins the prize for the best lip formula I own to last through drinking, and is £3 cheaper than the next best performer. Of course it looked perfect on my lips afterwards. Impressive.
After Eating:
The product stayed within my lip line during eating, only wearing away in the centre of the lips. After eating it was no longer transfer-proof but I have found this to be the case with all the drugstore lip products I have tested so far.

Overall:
In the picture below I am wearing the lip liner on its own, which is comfortable on the lips all day long and gives a less bold effect than the lip paint. You can buy Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Paints separately, without the liner, in 5 different shades for £4.99 each. However, this shade Runway is only available in the Lip Kit.
I think the kit itself great value and very versatile. I can wear the lip liner alone or with a gloss over the top. I can wear the lip paint by itself or wear the kit together for a long-lasting and comfortable lip look. I love the shade and appreciate the design of the products so overall I would highly recommend it.

Thanks, as always, for reading.
highstreet_beauty


22 comments:

  1. This looks so good and the colour is beautiful. My favourite liquid Matte lipstick at the moment is my flormar one. I love liquid lips for the length they last on the lips. I wear them a lot in work for that reason. This one sounds very impressive. X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the Flormar one you sent too. This one is really soft and pretty xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the colour! The fact that it lasts well is a bonus for me as so many of mine fade quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I love the texture of this one too. Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  3. I have never ever tried a lip kit before but this shade looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first lip kit and I think it's a good one! x

      Delete
  4. This looks fantastic and great value for money. I love liquid lipsticks but they need to be lasting and comfortable. Will definitely give these a go xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed with this one, I wasn't expecting it to be great xxx

      Delete
    2. I was really impressed with this one, I wasn't expecting it to be great xxx

      Delete
  5. I got this kit as well loved the colour but hated the wear off such a pity as it had so much going for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame. The other shades look nice too x

      Delete
  6. This colour is so gorgeous on you and I love these too, the formula is amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely. I am loving Barry M at the moment they are such good value xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you my lovely. I am loving Barry M at the moment they are such good value xxx

      Delete
  7. That colour is amazing on you! Iv not tried any of the Barry M lip colours, this looks amazing value so may give this a go. Fab review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading. I have a traditional lipstick of theirs too which is impressively comfortable and pigmented xx

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love this shade, its so pretty. I own a Barry M lip kit and absolutely love it! lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, aren't they? I was very impressed with it for the price x

      Delete
  9. This shade looks stunning on you...such good value too. I really need to purchase a lip kit soon xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first lip kit and I think it's great for the price xxx

      Delete
  10. I have never tried a lip kit, but the color looks amazing on you.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time trying a lip kit and I'm glad I didn't buy a really expensive one as this works fine! Thanks for reading x

      Delete