Friday, 12 May 2017

Drugstore Makeup Review: George

I bought this selection of George makeup myself from Asda and have tested it out for over two months.

George Under Eye Concealer £4.50
This sleek-looking concealer pen is packaged beautifully and works wonders to brighten up the under-eye area. You click the button at the base to dispense concealer into the brush end.
This is in the shade Light which has quite a pink tone. It is also available in the shade Medium.
I am very impressed with how well this concealer blends and stays in place under my eyes. It creates a brightening, light-reflecting effect much like L'Oréal's Lumi Magique concealer pen which costs almost twice the price. With its creamy formula and neat packaging this product has become one of my firm favourites and you can see its smooth finish in the picture above.
Verdict: Effective, brightening concealer. Great value.

George Fibre Lash Mascara £4.99
I love the metallic-style packaging of this Fibre Lash Mascara. The tube is very lightweight and looks sleek and sophisticated. The bristles are densely packed and wider towards the end of the wand which helps to coat lashes easily and evenly. The mascara makes my lashes look long and fluttery, but several of the times I have worn it it has smudged under my eyes by the end of the day. This is good if you will only be wearing it for a few hours, but otherwise I don't think it is great value for money.
Verdict: Gives length to the lashes but has a tendency to smudge.

George Queen Bee Bronzer  £4
I have this bronzer in the shade Nectar Shimmer and it is also available in Honey Bronze. The Body Shop sell a Honey Bronzer which costs £14, so this George alternative is a great bargain if you love the idea of a honey fragrance in your makeup.

I think the packaging is great for £4, a nice big pan with a honeycomb pattern embossed onto the bronzer.
The product contains subtle shimmer which gives the skin a sun-kissed, glowing effect and the powder feels very soft. This is one of my favourite products from George and the most unique. You do need a light touch with it, just a gentle dip of a bronzing brush into the product picks up a lot of pigmented powder.
Verdict: Shimmery bronzer with a subtle, honey scent.

George Powder Blush £3
This blush is another great powder product. It is soft, pigmented and lasts all day long on the skin. It is available in three shades: a bright pink, a rosy pink and this peachy colour named Sorbet.
A high-quality, affordable choice along the lines of Essence and Makeup Revolution blushes, these are definitely worth a try.
Verdict: Great value, pigmented blush.

George Moisturising Lipstick £3.50
This lipstick is extremely hydrating and easy to wear. The shade 06 Beige Bliss has an almost frosted, shimmer finish and feels like a balm on the lips. You need to reapply it regularly but it is a pleasure to use so I don't mind that at all.
l think the packaging looks great for the budget price and I appreciate the fact that the black and white design is different from other highstreet brands. The Moisturising Lipstick is available in four shades and George also make a Matte Lipstick range.
Verdict: Great value, moisturising lipstick.

Overall I love these George products and recommend them as a good quality, budget brand. In the picture below I am wearing all the products I have mentioned.
It seems that rather than creating a vast range, George offers a smaller selection of well-made products which really appeals to me. My top picks here are the Honey Bronzer and Moisturising Lipstick which I am enjoying getting a lot of use out of. Have you tried these or any other supermarket brand makeup?
Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Follow me on Bloglovin
George Fibre Lash Mascara: https://groceries.asda.com/product/mascara/george-fibre-lash-mascara/910001015438 George Moisturising Lipstick: https://groceries.asda.com/product/lipstick/george-moisturising-lipstick-beige-bliss/910000404722
George Under Eye Concealer £4.50 https://groceries.asda.com/product/concealer/george-under-eye-concealer-light/13533047
George Powder Blush: https://groceries.asda.com/product/blusher/george-blush-sorbet/910000540685

18 comments:

  1. Ive never tried George cosmmetics although \I have their primer and its Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I didn't even see their primer. I will look out for it x

      Delete
  2. That blusher looks like a really pretty colour. I like a subtle blush. I may pop that one in my trolly next food shop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I love the blusher x

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of this brand, but I really love that blush color! And the lipstick looks great with your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a supermarket brand over here x

      Delete
  4. How interesting...I will have to have a look for this range when I visit a larger store soon. That Honey Bronzer has me all excited. Contains honey and smells of honey....Mmmmmm! xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited about the honey bronzer too! I was in the store on own saying "oooooh" haha xxx

      Delete
  5. What a pretty selection of products. We don't have Asda over here. That Blush looks beautiful. The concealer sounds like it's the biz. Great review. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my lovely. I was really pleased with these finds x

      Delete
  6. I had no idea that Asda did their own brand of makeup. these products sound interesting. do you have any idea if they're cruelty-free or not? lovely post x

    embarked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe all George own brand cosmetics and household products are cruelty-free. Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  7. Next time I do my food shopping I may have to take a serious look at the George stand. These products looks great!
    www.kayleytalksmakeup.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I was impressed with these products x

      Delete
  8. I don't think I have tried anything from Gorge before. Or even heard about the brand, to be honest.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not very well known. I didn't know about it myself until I stumbled upon it in one of their George at Home stores! x

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for reminding me that Asda have a makeup range! We have a big Asda the other side of town, but I always forget to go in. They seem to have a nice clothing range, as well as makeup so I need to remember to go in. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have had some lovely clothes from George too! x

      Delete