Monday, 29 May 2017

Drugstore Empties May 2017

I bought all these products myself and used them up completely. Everything here cost under £8.

Co-Op 25 Cleansing Wipes: £1
These are good quality, moisturising wipes containing soothing aloe vera. They are thick enough to cleanse my face effectively whilst feeling soft and comfortable on the skin.  

I sometimes use them to clean my full face and sometimes just to clean up my mascara if it has not been fully removed by a cleanser. These wipes are soft enough to use under the eyes and do not leave my skin feeling dry at all.  When getting ready in the morning, I usually dispense foundation and concealer onto my hand before applying to my face and these wipes are also great for cleaning my hands afterwards.  
Verdict: Great-value hydrating, cleansing wipes.

Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask: £1.49 each
I have used two of these hydrating masks this month and am still enjoying them as a budget facial treat. I am so impressed with their soothing and plumping properties that I have recently purchased the Garnier Moisture Bomb Night Cream Gel which contains the same serum.
Part of the appeal to me is the cooling sensation of these masks which helps me to relax and even soothes headaches. The masks leave my skin refreshed and extremely soft for 24 hours.
Verdict: Cooling, hydrating treat for the skin.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner: £1.75 for 75ml bottle
This is a sample sachet of the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner which you can buy in travel-sized bottles for just £1.75 or full-size 250ml bottles for £4.99. I love the signature, fresh Aussie scent and enjoy all their hair products.
This is a thick conditioner which you leave on your hair for three minutes before rinsing out. It left my hair feeling extremely soft, smooth and silky and I might treat myself to a bottle of this for the summer to help keep my hair in good condition.

Yves Rocher Nourishing Foot Cream 50ml: £7.90
I bought this foot cream when it was on offer at a reduced price on Feelunique.com last year. It contains organic lavender essential oil and macadamia oil in a thick formula which nourishes the skin. I would not personally pay the full price of £7.90 for this product as it didn't do anything miraculous for my feet, but it was a nice treat to try. I will make sure I cut the tube open and use up every last drop of this Yves Rocher foot cream and then purchase a drugstore product such as Soap & Glory's Heel Genius which I feel does the same job at a better price.

L'Oréal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Luminiser High Shine Shampoo 400ml:  £3.50
This shampoo smells like expensive salon products and has eye-catching pink packaging. It promises "instant, shimmering shine, 48 hour sealed in gloss and weightless, fluid touch". Upon closer inspection of the bottle, however, these claims are only true if you use a combination of this shampoo, the matching conditioner AND a product called Nutri-Gloss Luminiser Extraordinary Gloss. The shampoo itself leaves hair smelling lovely and feeling soft and light.
Verdict: Lightweight shampoo with a salon fragrance.

L'Oréal Elvive Nutri-Gloss Luminiser High Shine Conditioner 400ml:  £3.50
The matching conditioner has the same salon fragrance and leaves hair feeling soft although I have to say I didn't notice my hair looking any more shiny than usual. I didn't have the extra gloss product but still, I would expect this product to add some noticeable shine. Maybe on a straight hairstyle it would be more obvious. Anyway, these two products did the job of keeping my hair fresh, lightweight and clean, whilst reinforcing my scepticism about the claims on most hair products to do anything more than that! They are pleasantly scented, lightweight and easy-to-rinse-out hair products.
Verdict: Pleasant, every day conditioner.

Thanks, as always, for reading ,
highstreet_beauty
Read my full review of Garnier Moisture Bomb Face Mask here: http://highstreetbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/review-garnier-skinactive-moisture-bomb.html
Co-Op Cleansing Wipes are available at your local Co-Op store.
Find Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb mask here: http://www.boots.com/garnier-moisture-bomb-tissue-mask-10216769
Find Garnier Moisture Bomb Night Cream here: http://www.boots.com/garnier-moisture-bomb-night-cream-10209706
Find Aussie 3 Minute Miracle 75ml bottle here: http://www.superdrug.com/Aussie/Aussie-3-Minute-Miracle-Reconstructor-Conditioner-75ml/p/201206
Find Yves Rocher Foot Cream here: http://www.feelunique.com/p/Yves-Rocher-Botanical-Nourishing-Foot-Cream-50ml
Find L'Oréal Nutri-Gloss Shampoo here: http://www.boots.com/loreal-elvive-nutri-gloss-luminiser-shampoo-400ml-10194879
Find L'Oréal Nutri-Gloss Conditioner here: http://www.boots.com/loreal/loreal-hair/loreal-hair-conditioner/loreal-elvive-nutri-gloss-luminiser-conditioner-400ml-10194880




2 comments:

  1. The Garnier Moisture Bomb products sound great! xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have tried most of the range and it is good x

      Delete