Friday, 21 April 2017

Review: Boots Botanics All Bright Range

I purchased this selection of products from Boots's Botanics All Bright range myself, and have used them for over a month. The collection is formulated using Hibiscus plant extract and appeals to my love of all things natural. The toner, mist, hand cream and moisturiser all carry this disclaimer on the back which is worth noting: "This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun. Use a sunscreen and limit sun exposure during usage of the product and for a week after use of the product has stopped." I always do use sun protection, but this is something to be aware of, especially for those of you with sensitive skin. Most of the Botanics All Bright range is priced at around £2.50.

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream SPF 15 for Dry to Normal Skin £2.50
This lovely little pot contains one of my favourite products from the Botanics All Bright range. It is a scented moisturiser with SPF 15 which makes my skin glow and works very well under makeup. It has a thin but gloopy texture if you can imagine such a thing, and is absorbed quickly, leaving my skin feeling incredibly soft.
Unlike most moisturisers I can feel the effects of this continuing to work all day long, and its ingredients really do seem to improve my skin's texture.
In this picture I am only wearing Botanics All Bright Hydrating Day Cream on my skin: no foundation or any other base product. You can see it gives my skin a glow and healthy, hydrated appearance on its own without looking greasy.

Botanics Instant Moisture Mist £4.29
This is a body mist, not a facial mist as I thought when I bought it. It's essentially a fast-absorbing body lotion in a can. It sprays out as a cream consistency, like a thin shaving foam, and it does sink into the skin very quickly. It has the same hibiscus fragrance as the day cream which I enjoy, and I think this will be a fantastic product for the Summer as the spray feels cooling and hydrating. In my local Boots this was recently in their discounted section for only £1, so it's always worth having a look there.

Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner £2.50
I use this in the morning to refresh my skin and clean it thoroughly before I start my day. It feels as if it tightens pores and leaves my face squeaky clean with a refreshing fragrance. This is a great big 250ml bottle for £2.50.

Botanics All Bright Purifying Face Scrub £2.50


The exfoliators in this are crushed walnut shell and apricot seeds which gives the product a lovely, natural scent and texture.


It is recommended for use 2-3 times per week and for me it has had a noticeable effect, particularly around my nose where my pores benefit from a good cleanse and my skin has a tendency towards dryness.



Botanics All Bright Fast Absorbing Hand Cream £2.89
This hand cream has a thin consistency and the same floral scent as the rest of the range. It is more of a softening cream than a nourishing moisturiser, but it does smell fresh and has no greasiness so is handy to use when out and about.
Again, I found this on Boots's reduced items shelf for £1 so keep a look out for it if it is something you would like to try.

Overall
I like the packaging of the whole range with its delicate pink accents, and I think it is reasonably priced. On my dry skin the Hydrating Day Cream, Cleansing Toner and Face Scrub work together to give a genuinely impressive clear and brightening effect. This seems to be a great range for Summer but then ironically there is the concern that some of the products may make skin more sensitive to sun damage, which would ultimately put me off repurchasing. Have you tried anything from this range?


Thanks, as always, for reading,
highstreet_beauty

Find the full Botanics All Bright range here: http://www.boots.com/search/botanics+all+bright

17 comments:

  1. Great review Delyth. I've tried the scrub, Moisturiser, eyemakeup remover and radiance cream. I have normal to try skin and the cream didn't offer me enough moisture. I love the very the scrub and use it twice a week. The radiance cream I mix with foundation to give me a glow. The eyemakeup remover made my eye sting very badly. But in saying that I have very reactive skin. I hope you receive you parcel soon. X x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely. Yes, I think this is a good, well-priced range especially the scrub xxx

      Delete
  2. I used the radiance balm and I had such a bad reaction to it so I have tried no other products from the range. However the body mist sounds gorgeous so I may have to give the range another go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are some hidden gems! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  3. I spotted this range the other day and was very interested, it sounds amazing and so affordable! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is really good value if you can find the products that suit your skin xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried anything from the All Bright range, but have picked up a few bits from their other ranges. Though I've not tried much, I've not been disappointed with anything I've tried. At the moment, I'm loving their Rosewater mist. If it weren't for the sun damage warning, I'd definitely be checking the All Bright Range out. But with summer coming up, I think I'll pass for now and re-evaluate when autumn rolls around. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post hun. I am a huge Botanics fan and I love this range. I've actually used all of these products except the toner and really enjoyed them. The mist is so lightweight and I loved using it in the summer xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am impressed with how affordable this range is xxx

      Delete
  6. Iv not tried anything from this range, but think I might grab a couple of these items. Your skin looks amazing with the hydrating day cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much! Yes, the day cream is really good and affordable too x

      Delete
  7. This is one of those ranges that I always seem to "come back to" and have tried the scrub and I think it was a night cream before but I love the sound of the day cream and you can visibly see on your skin it looks fab. Really look forward to your blogs-they are always so informative xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of those ranges that I always seem to "come back to" and have tried the scrub and I think it was a night cream before but I love the sound of the day cream and you can visibly see on your skin it looks fab. Really look forward to your blogs-they are always so informative xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that lovely comment, I hugely appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  9. Great post. I have used some of these products and really loved them. I even have backups for few.
    Ash | www.mstantrum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great value range and will definitely repurchase the scrub it is magical! x

      Delete