Friday, 24 March 2017

Drugstore Empties March 2017

I have bought all these products myself and used them up completely.

Garnier Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask: £1.99
I have used several of these face masks recently and really enjoy the boost of moisturisation they provide. The mask feels cold and wet when first applied, but over 15 minutes the serum sinks into your skin to give a soothing, plumping effect. These are great value for a budget pamper session and leave my skin feeling smooth and soft for 24 hours.
Verdict: Brilliant, bargain buy.

Soap & Glory Total Drama Clean Makeup Remover: £6
This cleanser has a fresh, cucumber scent and removes makeup easily. The Soap & Glory packaging is so appealing and the formula works well. This large bottle lasted me a really long time as you only need to dampen one cotton pad with it to remove all traces of makeup. It is one of those micellar cleansers which leaves a light film on your skin which may not suit everyone. It does feel moisturising though, and didn't cause my skin any problems.
Verdict: Good value with refreshing, cucumber fragrance.

Simple Protecting Light Moisturiser: £3.99
I love Simple products and have previously used up several face washes and different creams. This is a perfect daily face moisturiser which sinks into the skin easily and provides SPF 15 protection. It is non-greasy, makes a good base for makeup and leaves my face feeling soft and hydrated all day long.
Verdict: Great day moisturiser for sensitive skin.

Nivea Soft Moisturiser: £4.29
I wouldn't be without this soft moisturiser for my hands and any dry skin patches. The scent is so comforting and the formula does not irritate even sore skin. I always have a tub of this cream open and use it daily. This works better than any hand cream at keeping the skin on my hands free from cracking and dryness.
Verdict: Perfect, multi-purpose moisturiser.

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner: £7.50
This toner is soft, refreshing and gentle enough for every day. It is lovely to use in the morning to wake up the skin with its fresh yet not overpowering scent. It also worked well after using Soap & Glory makeup remover. The Body Shop makes a full range of soothing Aloe products which are recommended for sensitive skin. I also recommend their Vitamin E range which is very calming and nourishing.
Verdict: Pleasant, soothing toner.

Which products have you used up recently?
Thanks for reading,
highstreet_beauty
Read my full post reviewing Garnier Moisture Bomb Mask here: http://highstreetbeauty1.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/review-garnier-skinactive-moisture-bomb.html

18 comments:

  1. Great review Delyth. The moisture Bomb mask unfortunately didn't suit my skin. My eyes started to get weepy before the 15 minutes were up. I got their moisturising spray with spf 30 to try so hopefully I'll be OK using that. I bought the L'Oréal micellar water two days ago and it's gorgeous, it's the first water I didn't react to other than the Bioderma one at a fraction of the cost. So I'm delighted. The Nivea soft creme is so popular,customers love it where I work. Hope you have a great weekend. X x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you have found some products which suit your skin. Thanks as always for being such a loyal reader and commenter! I really appreciate it. Have a fab weekend yourself xxx

      Delete
  2. I have been curious about that Garnier Moisture Bomb Tissue Mask. I thought it's a little gimmicky so it's great to know that it actually works!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works well for me! Might not suit very sensitive skin though as it is strongly fragranced.

      Delete
  3. I have a garnier mask to try, and after reading this I am even more excited to try it!
    www.killinitbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got that makeup remover by Soap and Glory and I find myself going through so many cotton pads! But, I do love that Garnier mask it's so nice and refreshing on my skin
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the cooling, soothing effect.

      Delete
  5. I've just bought the Moisture Bomb mask but haven't tried it yet. Love the sound of the eye makeup remover from Soap & Glory! Great buys! xx

    sheergloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mask, I hope you like it too xxx

      Delete
  6. I really love those Garnier masks...so hydrating and perfect now that the weather is getting warmer as I found them quite cold during the winter. Nivea Soft is a staple product in my household xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought two more of the Garnier masks yesterday as they are still just 99p at Boots. Last week I had a banging headache and used one - it was so soothing and really helped me to relax. I think I am addicted to them! xxx

      Delete
  7. I convinced my mum to pick up one of the Garnier masks a week or two ago and don't know why I didn't grab one for myself to try!

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought another two this week as they are still on offer at Boots for 99p! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  8. I must look out for that Soap & Glory makeup remover! I love that Nivea cream too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love all Nivea products they are so comforting! x

      Delete
  9. I love the Garnier masks - like you, I've used up quite a few over the last month or so. They're so affordable but feel fantastic. I love the sound of the Nivea crème too - I think I might give that a go. I love that everything on here is so affordable too:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I like to keep things affordable :-) xxx

      Delete