Friday, 31 March 2017

5 Top Picks: Drugstore Concealer

These drugstore concealers all perform well and range in price from £5.49 to £10.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer: £5.49
The wand applicator for Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer means that the tube never gets messy.
The product has a creamy consistency which blends very smoothly and illuminates the under-eye area. This concealer lasts well throughout the day without creasing or looking patchy and is available in four shades.
Verdict: Creamy consistency and lasts well under the eyes.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer: £5.99
I am a big fan of Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, and this concealer works well with it. This is available in three brightening shades.
You squeeze the tube to get concealer into the brush which I find a bit scratchy on the delicate skin beneath the eyes, so I brush it onto my hand and apply it with a softer brush or sponge. This has a nice consistency and blends seamlessly especially into the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation.
Verdict: Thinner consistency but brightening formula.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer: £7.99
This is a scented concealer which contains apricot and raspberry extracts. I love the fruity fragrance which helps the concealer to feel very fresh and boosting to the skin.
Quite a lot of product comes out of the squeezy tube so it is best to dispense it onto your hand rather than straight onto the face.
This is another smooth and creamy formula which gives good coverage and lasts well.
Verdict: Creamy, fragranced concealer.

L'Oréal Lumi Magique Concealer: £8.49
I use this concealer to brighten my under-eye area, sometimes layered over other products if my dark circles need an extra boost. It is available in the shades Light and Medium.
You twist the bottom of the 'pen' to dispense product into the brush tip, which you then apply to the skin. The brush feels soft and gentle, and the concealer blends easily.
It has a thin, smooth texture and does a great job at reflecting light once it has settled into the skin. This is also good to use on the cheekbones and other high points of the face as a base for highlighter or simply as a subtle contouring product.
Verdict: Best for brightening.

Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer: £10
And lastly, my absolute favourite: Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Concealer. The peachy shade in this lovely compact counteracts my dark circles perfectly and I often wear it under the other concealers I have mentioned.
The lighter concealer shade is useful as an eyeshadow primer. There is also a handy mirror in here along with a pan of very finely milled powder which I use daily to brighten and set any concealer.
This is a great little kit: sturdy enough to travel with and easy to use every day. It is available in the shades Light and Medium.
Verdict: Thick, colour-correcting concealer.

Thanks for reading my top drugstore concealer recommendations. Did I mention any of your favourites here?
highstreet_beauty


Find Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer here: http://www.boots.com/rimmel-wake-me-up-concealer-10137963

Find Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer here: http://www.boots.com/rimmel-match-perfection-illuminating-concealer-10102738



12 comments:

  1. I have the Rimmel and Bourjois concealers. My fave is the new Bourjois City Radiance one. As I get older I find most concealers Crease a little so less is more. The L'Oréal one looks interesting too. I love reading your reviews. Hope all well. Im waiting patiently on Easter holidays. X x x have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, yes I am with you on less is more! I must try the new Bourjois one. I also tried out George at Asda pen concealer recently and it was really good, similar to the L'Oréal but cheaper. Love to you and the family. We finish for Easter next Friday xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the Rimmel Match Perfection one..its my absolute fave and I desperately want to try the Kick Ass. Thanks for sharing:-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one is great. Thanks for reading! xxx

      Delete
  3. Sadly I found the Kick Ass Concealer a little too drying for my under eyes...but the powder that comes in that little kit is actually amazing! My favourite drugstore concealer is Maybelline The Eraser Eye xxx
    UmmBabyBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people love that one. I must add it to my list! Thanks for reading xxx

      Delete
  4. These all sound great! I've been impressed with the Bourjous Healthy Mix, when I managed to get the right shade for me. I bought my first one online at a discount and I think it was reduced because the shade wasn't quite what it should have been. I picked the shame shade up from Boots an it's just right. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love it too. I want to try the Healthy Mix foundation next x

      Delete
  5. Im loving the look of the Rimmel one, brightening is aways good! What a fab, useful blog you have, glad to have found you. (although my wallet may not be)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a lovely, lovely comment x

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried the Bourjois one yet so on the list it goes 😂

    ReplyDelete